Beautiful, fine art wedding and boudoir photography for the modern and wildly romantic
Serving Virginia & the Mid Atlantic.
My wedding style is a beautiful blend of everything I have learned over the last decade. Understated elegance and deeply romantic imagery with a refined art aesthetic that is greatly influenced by my love of fashion editorials.
I create soulful, tender, and evocative imagery that captures your joyful and spontaneous moments throughout your wedding day. These images are the beginning of your blossoming legacy together as a couple. Documenting your day with a refined classic approach ensures your heirloom imagery stands the test of time and still looks as beautiful today as it will decades on.
When I am not serving my couples, you can find me happily at home with my husband, three kids, and our sweet rescue dog, Rugby. I was born and raised in Southeastern Canada. I love traveling, bonfires with my family, fashion, and making my legendary Virgin Island-inspired Mojitos.
meet the artist
She's well-traveled and elegant; The Amalfi Coast, Lake Como, and Santorini
are a few of her favorite places.
Appreciates beautiful architecture and loves fashion and beauty. Her wedding day imagery will possess an editorial, refined art aesthetic emphasizing the emotional and spontaneous moments as they unfold naturally. She wants all the beautiful, raw moments captured on her most incredible day.
Our imagery is evocative, tender and full of emotion.
With an editorial, high fashion aesthetic, evoking romance & joy. A modern approach to create luminous, richly detailed, legacy style wedding photography.
We want you to feel as if you could have stepped off the pages of your favorite magazine.
Laughter & joyful moments are always included.
Dedicate time for your most important photos- don't rush these beautiful moments.
This is YOUR day and you deserve to have time to celebrate and create beautiful portraits that unfold naturally. invest in your engagement and bridal session, think of it as your very own dress rehearsal.enjoy the process, breathe deeply and enjoy this amazing season of your lives. it goes by all too quickly.
We take great joy in creating a luxurious experience for you. We begin with a welcome gift that includes our thoughtfully curated engagement and wedding day magazines. Each page details our process of how we create your romantic and editorial-inspired wedding imagery. While also guiding you with inspiration for styling your accessories, finding your dream locations, and curating your wardrobe for your engagement and bridal boudoir sessions.
As your wedding day approaches, we create a custom wedding day-inspired timeline that highlights and dedicates the necessary time to capture all of your beautiful portraits. We will intimately document your wedding day, full of emotion, detail, and unobtrusively- only stepping in to pose and guide you when necessary. We understand how important your wedding day imagery is- and love to photograph those raw, spontaneous, joyful moments. We photograph from our couple's and your guests perspectives at each wedding. Ensuring every moment of your day is documented beautifully.
THE LOUVRE MUSEUM PARIS, FRANCE
ART BASEL, MIAMI
ART TAKES MIAMI
SEE ME TIME SQUARE, NYC
FINE ART INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITIONS IN MILAN, PARIS & HONG KONG
Abigail & Ryan
Malie and her husband were absolutely phenomenal! I am so blessed that they shared and captured our wedding day experience! Malie is a joy to work with, she is so lovely, friendly and accommodating. I truly felt at ease with her. My husband and I had our memories snapped in a beautiful collage of photos, I am so impressed. While we are very simple and down-to-earth people, our photos look editorial and magnificent Marie Violet Photography was recommended to me by a very close friend and the stars were aligned...Malie was (unbelievably!) available to capture our wedding day. I honestly believe this was fate as I don't think our day could have been captured any more perfectly. I am so excited to have her capture our future memories beyond just our wedding! Her photos are beautiful, timeless, and will bring a smile to your face!
paula & rob
Malie is both a wonderful photographer and person. I cannot recommend her enough. From our initial FaceTime date, I knew Malie had to document and capture our big day. Her quality work, positive and fun personality, as well as ensuring you feel your best in front of the camera, it has been a true joy to work with Malie. Our engagement photos were incredible- as well as the overall experience. We looked like models! All of our family and friends are also obsessed with our photos! They are honestly draw-dropping gorgeous. Malie is so passionate about her craft. It comes across when speaking with her and watching her work. This passion is reflected in her keenness and attention to detail, as well as how much fun she has when working with you!
Laxmi & Varun
Anvita & Trip
chelsea & austin
Kate & Stewart
Julie & Philip
2. All of our wedding collections include a complimentary two hour engagement session, a lovely ENGAGEMENT STYLE GUIDE AND WEDDING DAY MAGAZINE to help our couples best prepare for their photos, a two hour bridal portrait session, a beautiful twenty page 10x10 luxe handcrafted artisan album (proudly made in the U.S.A) with your choice of Luxe album covers and fine art papers and the digital wedding day image collection and online gallery where you can view, share and post to your favorite social media sites. Our galleries also allow your guests to simply and easily order gift prints and wall art directly from the gallery and shipped to them, eliminating the need for your guests to contact you directly to order their artwork. All of your wedding imagery will be fully retouched to ensure that you both look beautiful in your wedding photos.
3. I have been a fine art wedding and boudoir photographer for over a decade. And I have photographed well over 150+ weddings.
4. Of course! We understand that due to many factors, wedding timelines change, please just contact our studio and reach out to us at least 14 days prior to adding wedding coverage and we are always happy to add artwork to your collection. Investing in your own love story is something we are very passionate about.
5. We know that our couples are so excited and eager to see and share their wedding day images with their friends and family, that is why we always share a few wedding day preview images via social media, (Instagram & Facebook or if you prefer, we can email them directly to you first, then post online) within 72 hours of your wedding night and we kindly request that you allow us 4-6 weeks to deliver and retouch your full wedding gallery to you. Remember, perfection and luxe retouching does take time and we want to ensure that your images look absolutely beautiful! Engagement sessions are within 7-10 days!
6. We LOVE to help our clients have an incredible and empowering boudoir experience and that begins the very moment that you contact our studio, once we have confirmed your session we will confirm your makeup & hair styling with our Glam Squad and provide you with our lovely Boudoir Style Guide that shares all the lovely details about preparing and what to expect and how to get the most out of your boudoir experience. We dedicated an entire page in our magazine to OUR FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOP FOR LINGERIE AND DRESSING FOR YOUR BOUDOIR SESSION. As your photographer, we love also adding the roles of wardrobe stylist and posing coach for you! Throughout our session, we will guide you and walk you thru every step to ensure you look and feel beautiful in front of the camera. If you ever have any questions or would love a second opinion on your lingerie choices, we love to help in any way we can!
7. I adore creating art that unfolds like a story, has depth and exudes romance. My photographic approach is soulful and tender, candid yet captivating. I love to curate a beautiful collection of photos for our clients that are rich in detail and unique to them. Documenting their love story in the most beautiful, romantic and artistic manner. As a formal model (in my teenage years) I learned all about posing, direction and editorial / fashion campaigns and that has served me well in my wedding| boudoir photography career. It inspired much of my imagery today. My fine art work has been featured across the globe to include the iconic Louvre Gallery in Paris, France, featured on the largest billboard in Time Square, NYC and in private gallery exhibitions including Art Basil in Miami, Hong Kong and Germany.
8. Absolutely YES! Once we have sent you your engagement, bridal and wedding day imagery, you can easily download and save your imagery to your computer, external hard drives and flash drives. We also provide you with a copyright release. We offer a special discount pricing to all of our couples for your gift prints, thank you cards, stationary and parent albums as well as any wall art and fine art prints. Our fine art prints and stationary is absolutely stunning and of the finest quality and only offered through a professional photography lab/studio. For any questions or pricing, please inquire with our studio.