Beautiful, fine art wedding and boudoir photography for the modern and wildly romantic
Serving Virginia & the Mid Atlantic.
Editorial Inspired | Deeply Romantic | Fine Art Wedding & Boudoir Photography
My wedding style is a beautiful blend of everything I have learned over the last 12+ years in the industry. Understated elegance, deeply romantic imagery with a fine art aesthetic that is greatly influenced by my love of fashion editorials. When I'm behind the lens, my goal is to create soulful, tender and evocative imagery that captures your joyful and spontaneous moments on your most precious day. These images are the beginning of your blossoming legacy together as a couple. Documenting your day with a timeless, classic approach to ensure that your heirloom imagery stands the test of time and still looks as beautiful today as it will decades later.
When I am not serving my couples, you can find me happily at home with my husband, our three kids and sweet dog, Rugby. I was born and raised in Southeastern Canada, I have a deep love of travel, family, fashion magazines and making my infamous Virgin Island inspired Mojitos for friends and neighbors.
Meet the Artist
We take great joy in creating a beautiful experience for our beloved couples. And this always begins with our thoughtfully curated luxury engagement and wedding style magazine that we mail to you as part of your welcome gift for joining our MVP wedding family. Every page artfully details the full process of creating authentic and editorial inspired engagements, bridal portraits, bridal boudoir and your wedding day photography. We love to guide you with lots of inspiration for styling, selecting the ultimate locations, wardrobe and crafting the perfect photography inspired wedding timeline.
When your wedding day arrives, we document you in an intimate manner, full of emotion, detail and of course beautifully curated and authentic to you as a couple. We understand how important your wedding day imagery is and therefore love to work alongside our couples and their event designers to ensure that we have set aside time for all those important and meaningful moments that unfold on your day.
THE LOUVRE MUSEUM | PARIS, FRANCE |
ART BASEL | MIAMI | SCOPE |ART TAKES MIAMI
SEE ME | TIME SQUARE, NYC
FINE ART INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITIONS IN MILAN, PARIS & HONG KONG
ABIGAIL & RYAN
Malie and her husband were absolutely phenomenal! I am so blessed that they shared and captured our wedding day experience! Malie is a joy to work with, she is so lovely, friendly and accommodating. I truly felt at ease with her. My husband and I had our memories snapped in a beautiful collage of photos, I am so impressed. While we are very simple and down-to-earth people, our photos look editorial and magnificent Marie Violet Photography was recommended to me by a very close friend and the stars were aligned...Malie was (unbelievably!) available to capture our wedding day. I honestly believe this was fate as I don't think our day could have been captured any more perfectly. I am so excited to have her capture our future memories beyond just our wedding! Her photos are beautiful, timeless, and will bring a smile to your face!
paula & rob
Malie is both a wonderful photographer and person. I cannot recommend her enough. From our initial FaceTime date, I knew Malie had to document and capture our big day. Her quality work, positive and fun personality, as well as ensuring you feel your best in front of the camera, it has been a true joy to work with Malie. Our engagement photos were incredible- as well as the overall experience. We looked like models! All of our family and friends are also obsessed with our photos! They are honestly draw-dropping gorgeous. Malie is so passionate about her craft. It comes across when speaking with her and watching her work. This passion is reflected in her keenness and attention to detail, as well as how much fun she has when working with you!
Jennifer & Van
LILY & KEVIN
MEREDITH & NICO
Elizabeth and Justin
Deanna & Javier
1. Our wedding style is deeply romantic with a fashion editorial aesthetic.
2. Our wedding photography collections include: a 2 hour engagement session, a 2 hour fine art bridal portrait session, a luxe handcrafted artisan 20 page wedding album and an online editorial inspired wedding gallery, full curated and retouched.
3. I have been an editorial inspired wedding photographer for 13+ years.
4. Absolutely, you can always purchase additional hours to your collection.
5. We know that you are super excited to share and within 72 hours we will provide a little preview of engagement + wedding day imagery. Engagement sessions, please allow up to 7 days and wedding collections are 2-4 weeks for full curation.
6. I create artwork that unfolds like a story, has depth and exudes romance. My approach is soulful and tender, candid yet captivating. As a formal teen model, I learned to pose, and worked on many fashion / editorial campaigns. That experience, has inspired much of my art today which has been exhibited across the globe, including NYC's time square, the louvre gallery in Paris and vogue Italia.
7. Absolutely! Once we have sent you your engagement, bridal and wedding day imagery, you can easily download and save your imagery to your computer, external hard drives and flash drives.
8. We approach a new venue by meeting with you and or your planner prior to the wedding day and tour the full property so we are well versed with the property. we love new venues. as a professional, a new venue does not negatively effect our imagery. we can photograph anywhere, at any time and create stunning images that you will adore and love!